Saturday 13 October 2012

VIDEO: Australian PM strikes back

My father sent me this video. Julia Gillard, Prime Minister of Australia and leader of the Australian Labor Party, strikes out at the leader of the opposition, Tony Abbott, accusing him of being sexist and misogynistic. 

The Speaker of the Australian Parliament has recently been suspended for sending sexist text messages about female MPs, and Tony Abbott is trying to use this occurrence to demonstrate that the PM is unfit to rule..........how does that add up?


Honestly, I know very little about the Australian parliament, but I think this deserves some research and followup. Julia Gillard is the first female Prime Minister in Australia and now runs a coalition government with the Green Party. Tony Abbott runs a coalition opposition of the Liberal and National (Conservative) Parties.

I say, good on Julia Gillard for fighting back. I wish I could ad lib as well as her!

No comments:

Post a Comment